You cannot do anything in terms of processing and gaming when you do not have a good processor installed. However, most of the latest processors are expensive and if you do not have enough budget for them, you will need to counter that. Well, you shouldn’t worry anymore especially when we are here with our list of Top 10 Best Budget Gaming CPU 2021.
Top 10 Best Budget Gaming CPU:
As we covered many gaming cpu guides, one being a general guide for best cpu coolers.
You can check our list below and also check out our comparison table (for a quick review) and pros and cons and features (for detailed research).
Having said that, we shall begin with the list!
The top processors in the list are:
Best Budget Gaming CPU 2021 Products Table:
|Intel Core i7-8700K||Intel Core i7||3.7 GHz||Check Price|
|Intel Core i5-7600K||Intel Core i5||3.8 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD RYZEN 3 1300X||Ryzen 3 1300X||3.7 GHz||Check Price|
|Intel Core i5-8400||Intel Core i5||2.8 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD RYZEN 5 1400||Ryzen 5 1400||3.4 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD RYZEN 3||Core i9||3.4 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD RYZEN 5 1600||Ryzen 5 1600||3.6 GHz||Check Price|
|Intel Pentium G4560||Pentium||3.5 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD RYZEN Thread Ripper 1950X||Ryzen Threadripper 1950X||4 GHz||Check Price|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Processor||Ryzen 5 1500X||3.7 GHz||Check Price|
- 1 1. Intel Core i7-8700K: Best Budget Gaming CPU
- 2 2. Intel Core i5-7600K: Best Budget Gaming CPU
- 3 3. AMD RYZEN 3 1300X: Best Budget Gaming CPU
- 4 4. Intel Core i5-8400:
- 5 5. AMD RYZEN 5 1400:
- 6 6. AMD RYZEN 3 1200 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.10 GHz Processor:
- 7 7. AMD RYZEN 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler:
- 8 8. Intel Pentium G4560:
- 9 9. AMD RYZEN Thread Ripper 1950X:
- 10 10. AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Processor:
1. Intel Core i7-8700K: Best Budget Gaming CPU
The best-rated in 2018, this 8th generation beast is going to generate so much fps without you bothering about bottlenecks or heating issues. With 6 cores and 12 threads, Intel Core i7-8700K is a force that you will want and in unexpected price which makes it our top pick. As far as the specs are concerned, we have mentioned them here:
- Enjoy the bottleneck-less performance of 6 cores with 12 threads.
- Not an extreme edition but overclocking is superb.
- Not extra TDP on overclocking mode.
- Boost clock that goes to 4.7 GHz and the L3 cache is 12 MB.
2. Intel Core i5-7600K: Best Budget Gaming CPU
We are into the 8th generation of processors but somehow, this 7th-gen processor from Intel tops the 8th generation of i5 processors. Intel Core i5-7600K is super fast with amazing overclocking features, lesser power consumption, and a cheaper price. The top features of Best Budget Gaming CPU are mentioned below:
- This Intel Core i5-7600K comes with 4 cores and the same number of threads.
- The boost clock goes up to 4.2 GHz which is even better than some top picks.
- Some ultimate gaming performance during the next-generation games.
- The L3 cache is less, however, with only 6 MB in there.
3. AMD RYZEN 3 1300X: Best Budget Gaming CPU
Looking for something enough while you are doing tight with the budget? Well, you can then use this entry-level processor for AMD which titled RYZEN 3 1300x. Just pay 13 bucks more than a 100 dollars processor and you are getting the best entry-level processor for yourself. The hardware specifications for the Best Budget Gaming CPU are mentioned below:
- Same core and thread numbers as high-level processors i.e. 4.
- The benchmark scores have been pretty amazing for the latest games.
- The impressive L3 cache of 8 MB which is better than one of the top picks.
- There are overclocking features in this one as well but with increased TDP.
4. Intel Core i5-8400:
After some hard times, while producing these processors, Intel finally struck back with its most powerful gaming processor generation which is now the 8th generation of gaming processors. Another of these series is Intel Core i5-8400. This beast has following specifications:
- Again, being an 8thgen processor, it has LGA 1151 socket.
- This features 6 cores and 6 threads since it is not an extreme edition.
- Intel Core i5-8400 has a base frequency of 2.8 GHz.
- On each core, it can achieve a boost of 4.0 which is more than enough.
5. AMD RYZEN 5 1400:
AMD fans must be getting frustrated but now, it is the time for them to relax since a beast from their favorite brand is finally unleashed. AMD RYZEN 5 1400 is a top competitor to these Intel 8th gen processors with following features:
- As per the tradition set by AMD, AMD RYZEN 5 1400 is quite economical.
- This is designed on the latest AM4 socket by AMD.
- With its 4 cores and 8 threads, it delivers immense gaming performance.
- At its two cores, you can get a boost of 3.45 GHz and 3.25 and its other cores.
6. AMD RYZEN 3 1200 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.10 GHz Processor:
Well, the above product from Intel also has its AMD alternative which is a little expensive but has extended and better features. The top features of AMD RYZEN 3 1200 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.10 GHz Processor are listed below:
- A quad-core AMD processor with unlocked CPU architecture.
- When you get it now, you are also provided with a free cooler for this one.
- A larger cache of up to 10 megabytes for you to handle any graphics unit.
7. AMD RYZEN 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler:
If not for AMD RYZEN 5 1600 Processor, choosing our picks would have been quite difficult. In a price that most of you can afford, you get a nice and medium-end processor that has the ability to handle any single graphics card while delivering amazing fps. We shall now enlist its top features for you:
- This has 12 unlocked threads with 6 cores.
- The L2 and L3 caches of 3 and 16 MB respectively.
- Again, when you get a new one, you are awarded a free Wraith Spire Cooler gift.
- At its all cores, you get a frequency boost of 3.6 GHz which is more than enough to run any next-gen game.
8. Intel Pentium G4560:
Are you a first-time gamer with a very limited budget? Well, Intel has a history of taking care of everyone and this time they have taken care of fans with this Intel Pentium G4560 processor. Yes, the Pentium series is back and this time with following features such as:
- There are 4 cores and 4 threads with a base clock of 3.5 GHz.
- This one clearly matches the performance of the 7th generation i3.
- You can easily run a DDR4 technology ram alongside this processor.
- The L3 cache is only 3 MB and lets us add this to the cons.
9. AMD RYZEN Thread Ripper 1950X:
Succeeding its predecessor 1800X from AMD, AMD RYZEN Thread Ripper 1950X is the new king in the market with even faster performance. This one clearly beats our top pick but since there is a major difference in price and overclocking abilities, we couldn’t certainly rank there at least. The top specs of this beast are mentioned:
- With 16 cores and 32 threads, this is in for real multitasking.
- A processor with base clock 3.4 and boost clock 4.0 max.
- This is the most power-hungry processor on the list.
- Performs better in gaming with both AMD and NVIDIA graphics.
10. AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Processor:
Making AMD an overall winner for this list, we are now introducing AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Processor which gives you a massive precision boost of up to 3.7 GHz which makes it an ideal processor for multitasking and gaming. The top specs of this processor are:
- Enjoy the boost clock of up to 3.7 GHz max with this one.
- For multitasking, there are 4 cores and 8 threads.
- However, this is recommended mostly for gaming.
- You get a free Wraith Spire Cooler with this CPU.