Talking about the budget of around $500, it is safe to say that you can now get the best of products out there in the market. However, the choice is certainly difficult to make while you need to buy one and the choices are fairly a lot. For this list, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Drones under $500 2020.
Top 10 Best Drones Under $500:
Today’s guide is gonna be a little different where we would share Best Drones Under $500.
You can check our list below and also check out our comparison table (for a quick review) and pros and cons and features (for detailed research).
Having said that, we shall begin with the list!
|Name||Item Weight||Where to Buy?|
|Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone HS100 with Camera Live Video||1.73 pounds||Check Details|
|Force1 Drones with Camera and GPS||3.45 pounds||Check Details|
|Force1 GoPro Ready HD Camera Drone – F100||2.82 pounds||Check Details|
|Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone||5.8 ounces||Check Details|
|3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone||3.3 pounds||Check Details|
|Parrot Bebop 2 + Black Sky Controller||7.5 pounds||Check Details|
|UPair Drone with Camera 4K HD||2.98 pounds||Check Details|
|DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone||8.2 pounds||Check Details|
|DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Drone||1.76 pounds||Check Details|
|POTENSIC T25 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera Live Video||2.25 pounds||Check Details|
- 1 1. Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone HS100 with Camera Live Video:
- 2 2. Force1 Drones with Camera and GPS: Best Drones Under $500
- 3 3. Force1 GoPro Ready HD Camera Drone – F100:
- 4 4. Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone: Best Drones Under $500
- 5 5. 3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone: Best Drones Under $500
- 6 6. Parrot Bebop 2 + Black Sky Controller:
- 7 7. UPair Drone with Camera 4K HD:
- 8 8. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone:
- 9 9. DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Drone:
- 10 10. POTENSIC T25 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera Live Video:
1. Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone HS100 with Camera Live Video:
Being one of the drones with the advanced technology, it is safe to expect a higher price but it is certainly surprising when Holy Stone HS100 gets everything done in the half amount. All the features including a live camera, image capturing, video recording, and others are present such as:
- For focused and better recordings, the altitude hold mode helps in the air.
- Now with a high-performance battery, enjoy a flight of up to 15 minutes.
- Other modes like one-key landing and headless mode are present.
- One of the drones with the easier flight controls.
2. Force1 Drones with Camera and GPS: Best Drones Under $500
Just so you can capture and record at 1080p, never lose your track with the GPS, and then just 1 button for landing and taking off controls, this Force1 Drones with Camera and GPS definitely is a choice you want to make. The top features are elaborated as:
- Now capture and shoot better and in high-quality such as 1080p.
- Besides the original one, you get an extra battery as well.
- This drone is for everyone starting from kids and ending with adults.
- With features like headless, altitude hold, and different speed modes.
3. Force1 GoPro Ready HD Camera Drone – F100:
Force1 and Holy Stone are two of the leading brands which are going to dominate for the most part of this list. The reason behind is the class and quality which they bring and this Force1 GoPro Ready HD Camera Drone – F100 one of the examples. Its top features of Best Drones Under $500 are:
- This one is a complete kit with important accessories and extras.
- For stunts performance with 360-degree flips and amazing balance.
- An extended flight range of up to 500 meters for everyone.
- A durable design which you can fly for hours and will still be cool.
4. Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone: Best Drones Under $500
The compatibility with the smartphones and third-party apps in them, an HD camera and the live recording features, this is everything which people require for a quality drone. Well, while all of these features are certainly a part of, this Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone definitely deserved a spot on the list. Its top features of Best Drones Under $500 are:
- An excellent choice for capturing and recording from the air.
- Designed with easy controls for beginners and non-professionals.
- Go live from the air, hold with altitude hold mode, and do 3D flips.
- With easy charging features and impressive battery life.
5. 3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone: Best Drones Under $500
Most of the drones do feature a camera, however, the choices for an extra lens and then the zooming features really make it difficult. Well, it is certainly isn’t for 3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone with smartphone compatibility for iOS. The top features are:
- There are easier controls for balanced solo flying performance in the air.
- For better connections, you are getting an HDMI port with this one.
- The compatibility with the Android and iOS devices makes it better.
- You will love how durable and long-lasting this product is.
6. Parrot Bebop 2 + Black Sky Controller:
When everything including the battery life, flight time, range, and a camera is extended for better quality, then comes a drone like Parrot Bebop 2. Being one of the most expensive ones on the list, it definitely deserves the praise it gets. It has the following top features:
- Connect on your tablet and fly it easily with the touch controls.
- Extended flight of 25 minutes with 2700 MAH battery.
- Track with the GPS and fly up to a distance of 1.25 miles.
- There are LED indicators and has the ability to fly at high altitudes.
7. UPair Drone with Camera 4K HD:
Known for its high-profile camera with is able to record and capture at 4k resolution and a highly durable design, this UPAIR drone now has something special for its users. From the extended flight time to the balanced controls, everything is in your favor. The top features are:
- A 5400 MAH battery which charges quickly gives a flight of 18 minutes.
- With the high-quality 4k camera, record HD videos for your YouTube.
- Being a lightweight drone, it is a perfect companion while traveling.
- Could be of great help during weddings and other shootings etc.
8. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone:
Though this one does not have features like a 4k camera, the thing makes it expensive is the 3-axis camera stability making it perfect for going live on your social media accounts and showing the world what you are up to with it. Now there are tons of features we need to talk about and the top ones are:
- A 12 MP camera installed to shoot videos in 2.7k UHD resolution.
- There are some extra accessories including the extended battery.
- Now fly up to 25 minutes with its long-lasting battery and save everything in Micro SD.
- Never get lost in the wild with the GPS tracker installed.
9. DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Drone:
If you are a fan of DJI Phantom and you cannot afford Phantom 3, you must know that DJI Phantom 2 is as good a choice as the above one is. Though there are some clear differences in the specifications, it still does well enough. The top features of DJI Phantom 2 are:
- With H3-2D Gimbel to add some enhanced stability while flying.
- Enjoy a flight time of up to 30 minutes with this one.
- The controls are easier and with a remote transmitter, it is even better.
- Even when you cannot control it, the automated system does.
10. POTENSIC T25 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera Live Video:
In the end, let us present you with something cheaper such as this POTENSIC T25 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera Live Video which features dual GPS, automatic return, modes like altitude hold and headless mode alongside a quality camera for HD video recording. The other features are:
- With high-transmission pictures, it records videos at 1080p.
- There aren’t any chances of getting lost in the woods with Dual GPS.
- Takes a single button to on/off and also for landing & take off.
- Have a pleasant flight to a range of maximum 300 meters with this one.