Though most people don’t buy a laptop for gaming, there is a community of gamers who like having some good time on their laptop while doing some gaming. When it comes to the budget, a laptop of worth $800 is considered medium-end but if you cannot afford more, it is time to choose from the list Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops under$800 2020.
10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $800 2020:
Recently we reviewed gaming laptops under 600, 1000 and 2000. So if your budget is more or less you can follow those guides. But if your budget is exactly 800 then here is our list of 10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $800 2020.
You can go through our list below and for detailed research, you can also check out our reviews, features and pros and cons of all the 10 laptops below.
So, lets start:
Best Gaming Laptops Under $800 2020 Products Table:
|ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
|ASUS TUF Thin & Light Gaming Laptop PC (FX504)||i5-8300H||Check Details|
|Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Laptop||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
|Acer Swift 3||i5-8250U||Check Details|
|MSI GL62M 7RD-1407||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
|MSI GL62M 7RDX-1408 Gaming Laptop||i5-7700HQ||Check Details|
|Acer Aspire E15||Core i7-8550U||Check Details|
|Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Gaming Edition||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
|Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
|Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop||i5-7300HQ||Check Details|
- 1 1. ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ FHD thin and light Gaming Laptop:
- 2 2. ASUS TUF Thin & Light Gaming Laptop PC (FX504):
- 3 3. Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Laptop:
- 4 4. Acer Swift 3:
- 5 5. MSI GL62M 7RD-1407 15.6″ Full HD Gaming Laptop:
- 6 6. MSI GL62M 7RDX-1408 Gaming Laptop:
- 7 7. Acer Aspire E15:
- 8 8. Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Gaming Edition:
- 9 9. Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop:
- 10 10. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop:
1. ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ FHD thin and light Gaming Laptop:
Asus has been one of the smartest vendors of the gaming accessories. Take this gaming laptop for instance where it brought together all the medium-end gaming accessories in ASUS M580VD-EB54. The hardware combination of an i5 processor and GTX 1050 are still more than enough in 2020 for a good gaming experience.
Some of the popular games like GTA-V, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, and Dota 2 can be run with ease at good frame rates. For online gamers, this laptop is a treat due to the smooth and ergonomic keys with backlit design.
It gives you the following gaming benefits:
- This laptop can easily run games like GTA-V on medium settings and smoothly.
- Power with an Intel i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050 2 GB, and 8 GB DDR4 ram.
- The keyboard is an ergonomic one with backlit lighting features.
- You will also love the design and the stylish appearance of this laptop.
2. ASUS TUF Thin & Light Gaming Laptop PC (FX504):
ASUS never stop to mesmerize the users with its quality gaming. We are now bringing some even cheaper and almost equivalent to the above gaming laptop in terms of gaming hardware. The hardware are better due to the 8th generation processor paired with a GTX 1050. However, this will cost you even more.
Even though an SSD storage is not present, you will still love the performance of the hybrid drive installed of 1 terabyte. Gaming and software performance gets better with the 8 GB DDR4 ram. Also, to boost the performance of the processor, you can overclock it to 3.9 GHz.
The top hardware and gaming specs of the laptop are:
- This time it presents the combo of an 8th-gen processor and GTX 1050.
- The processor installed is an Intel i5-8300H with a boost of up to 3.9 GHz.
- Load your games faster on its 1 TB hybrid storage device.
- Besides Wi-Fi and other ports, an 8 GB DDR4 ram is installed.
3. Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Laptop:
When you have a look at the specs of the gaming laptops, you will that this i5-7300HQ processor is most abundant due to its boost clock and gaming performance. Dell Inspiron 15 7567 makes the use of this same laptop with GTX 1050Ti to bring these features. Instead of a processor upgrade this time, you get a GTX 1050ti which is way faster than its predecessor.
Other than gaming performance, the processor of this gaming laptop is excellent for multitasking. This is due to the 6 MB L3 cache. Also, you will love the quality display of this gaming laptop under 800 which uses the IPS display.
The top ones are:
- Besides gaming, this is an excellent multitasking processor with its 6 MB cache.
- A gaming combination of GTX 1050ti and i5-7300HQ for high performance.
- The screen uses IPS technology and the fps are smooth with this hardware.
- There are ports for HDMI, USB 3.0, and SD card alongside a DVD writer.
4. Acer Swift 3:
With all the years of experience, we can say that Acer is also one of the trusted brands when it comes to laptop gaming. We have seen over the years how good they have been and this Acer Swift 3 is a nice example. Even though the processor is fast, we don’t think its graphics are good enough, especially for the next generation games.
However, this gaming laptop is quite economical which you can get at a very good price for the good online gaming experience, especially in Dota 2, PUBG, and CS GO. The storage is fast but not enough, however, you can upgrade it later so you shouldn’t worry about that.
The top features are:
- This one has an 8 GB DDR3 ram alongside 256 GB for storage.
- A combination of an Intel i5-8250U with MX 150 for graphics.
- The IPS display is much wider to support 1080p.
- A powerful battery with over 10 hours of backup.
5. MSI GL62M 7RD-1407 15.6″ Full HD Gaming Laptop:
The name of this brand is enough to imply that how good the installed hardware would be. However, GL62M is a model from MSI with a high durability design and hardware specs like GTX 1050 and an i5 processor. Besides the powerful gaming specs, you will love the accessories like Cooler Boost 4 and SteelSeries keyboard providing the ultimate gaming experience.
The 7th generation process of the laptop is an i5 which can be boosted up to 3.1 GHz. Also, the DDR4 ram of the laptop is very fast with a frequency of 2400 MHz making it really fast for games and other jobs.
The top specs are:
- A powerful gaming GPU from NVIDIA GTX 1050 is installed based on GDDR5.
- Based on 2400 MHz, it has an 8 GB DDR4 ram installed.
- Again, with the processing power of i5-7300HQ but with 3.1 GHz boost.
- The durable design, SteelSeries ergonomic keyboard, and Cooler Boost 4 installed.
6. MSI GL62M 7RDX-1408 Gaming Laptop:
This is an upgraded version of the previous MSI laptop. Though most of the features are same, this one features an even power Intel i5-7700HQ processor which goes up to a boost of 3.8 GHz. If you can’t do it yourself, here we are with a complete upgrade to the previous model with better specs for DX12 and 1080p gaming.
Also, as compared to the previous model, this one is much lighter. If you need to boost it for enhanced gaming performance, you can overclock it to 3.8 GHz. The backlit keyboard has made it easier that you play games throughout the night and have fun.
As far as other features are concerned, they are mentioned below:
- On Windows 10 and DX12, this is a perfect gaming laptop for 1080p.
- An upgraded process Intel i5-7700HQ is installed with 3.8 boosts.
- Enjoy the combination of NVIDIA GTX 1050 2 GB with 8 GB DDR4 ram.
- With a backlit keyboard, this is a lightweight gaming laptop.
7. Acer Aspire E15:
Made to inspire the gamers, Acer Aspire E15 is made even better and with an upgraded processor, you will clearly see the difference in the performance. Known for the performance of the processor and battery, this has become a fan favorite. Also, this edition of Acer Aspire has won the hearts of its users since you can get a max boost of up to 4.0 GHz on its i7 8th gen processor.
With this processing performance, you can enjoy some smooth gaming performance on its 1080p screen. Also, the backlit designed looks really cool. The battery backup of the gaming laptop lasts for longer making it good for games and work.
It has the following top features:
- With the processing power of Core i7-8550U with a max boost of 4.0.
- Now enjoy some longer gaming time due to its longer battery backup.
- A gaming resolution of 1080p on a large LED-backlit display.
- Windows 10 Home is already installed.
8. Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Gaming Edition:
This one of the most perfect choices whether it is the storage, ram, or hard drive is concerned. The graphics heat of NVIDIA with GTX 1050 4 GB edition and processing power of Intel with i5-7300HQ are going to do wonders. One of the reasons why we have always Dell gaming laptops is because of the quality of the display they bring. The story of Dell Inspiron 15 is no different.
As for the hardware specs, they are similar to many previous gaming laptops on this list. The frequency of its 8 GB DDR4 is much faster though so you will definitely get a performance boost, especially while running different software.
As far as other hardware specs are concerned, they are listed below:
- A powerful gaming combo of GTX 1050 and i5-7300HQ.
- The above specs are backed by an 8 GB DDR4 ram with faster frequency.
- On 1 TB hard drive storage, store as many games as you want and load them faster.
- Windows 10 is already installed and a screen with IPS technology.
9. Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop:
This is by far the best gaming laptop by Acer in this price range. In terms of hardware, there is nothing lacking in this one. In fact, even battery time is much better than previous Acer laptops. The specialty of this gaming laptop is that it covers everytyhing lacking in the previous laptops including the dull IPS display, lack of USB Type-C, and poor battery life.
The top hardware specs are:
- The first thing is a lightweight and ergonomic design which everyone loves.
- As for hardware, it has an Intel i5-7300HQ and GTX 1050ti for graphics.
- Enjoy a longer gaming time with an average battery backup of 8.5 hours.
- 256 GB SSD storage and 8 GB DDR4 ram are installed.
10. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop:
A slightly different product from the previous Dell Inspiron, this one is like a cousin with a little difference in the hardware and is almost equivalent in most of the games. Just like any other Dell gaming laptop, we love the large anti-glare display. You will need to upgrade its storage though since the 5400 RPM hardware is very slow, especially for the new games.
Being our last pick, Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop has the following features:
- An 8 GB DDR4 ram which can be upgraded to 32 GB.
- On its 15.6 inches large LCD, enjoy anti-glare gaming.
- A 1 TB hard drive storage is installed which runs at 5400 RPM.
- An Intel i5-7300HQ is installed for the gaming performance.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $800 2020. If you have any confusion of query, do let us know in the comments section below, we would try our level best to solve it.