Each and every system we have in this world, it has at least one thing as its backbone. Talking about a gaming Pc, its backbone would be its motherboard without which a gaming beast couldn’t exist. And, while a backbone is concerned, you should only get the best one for you. Today, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Motherboards for Gaming 2020.
How do we choose our Best Motherboards for Gaming?
Being a reviewer and a gamer, some of the important stuff to look for is the presence of the right LGA socket for your processor on a motherboard for gaming. However, that depends on the processor you want to install. While you are you looking through a list of best motherboards for a gaming computer, make sure that you choose your processor first. Most people choose a motherboard first and then the processor which is not the right way to do it. You should always look for a processor first which you want to buy and then the motherboard accordingly.
After choosing the right processor, the other things you must look are the number of PCI slots present for installing the graphics cards, the number of slots for rams, and also the size of the board matters because if you are buying the larger hardware, the size of the motherboard must also be bigger. Also, if you want to run the current and next-gen games, make sure it has slots enough for NVIDIA’s SLI or AMD’s Crossfire and it must also support DDR4 ram technology with the processor support must be at least up to 6th, 7th, or 8th gen.
10 Best Motherboards For Gaming 2020:
But here we are gonna list 10 Best Motherboards For Gaming 2020.
You can also check out the comparison table, read our reviews of each of the 10 products, their features and pros, and cons.
So, let’s begin with the list now.
Best Motherboards For Gaming 2020 Products Table:
|Name||Processor Support||SLI & Crossfire Support||Where to Buy?|
|Z370 Aorus Gaming 7||LGA-1151||Yes||Check Details|
|MSI B250M Gaming Pro||7th Gen||No||Check Details|
|ASRock B250M Pro4||LGA-1151||Yes||Check Details|
|Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming||7th Gen||Yes||Check Details|
|MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon||6th Gen||Yes||Check Details|
|Asus Prime A320M-K||AM4 and LGA 1151||No||Check Details|
|ASRock AB350M Pro4||AM4 & LGA||Yes||Check Details|
|ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX||AM4||No||Check Details|
|ASRock X299 Taichi||Skylake-X||No||Check Details|
|ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4||x399 & LGA||Yes||Check Details|
- 1 1. Z370 Aorus Gaming 7:
- 2 Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Review:
- 3 2. MSI B250M Gaming Pro:
- 4 MSI B250M Gaming Pro Review:
- 5 3. ASRock B250M Pro4:
- 6 ASRock B250M Pro4 Review:
- 7 4. Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming:
- 8 Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Review:
- 9 5. MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon:
- 10 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Review:
- 11 6. Asus Prime A320M-K:
- 12 Asus Prime A320M-K Review:
- 13 7. ASRock AB350M Pro4:
- 14 ASRock AB350M Pro4 Review:
- 15 8. ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX:
- 16 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX Review:
- 17 9. ASRock X299 Taichi:
- 18 ASRock X299 Taichi Review:
- 19 10. ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4:
- 20 ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4 Review:
1. Z370 Aorus Gaming 7:
If your target is to build a real gaming beast with multiple graphics cards, rams, and rest of the advanced features, we recommend this Intel Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. Put aside its expensive price for once and have a look at some of the top features:
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 is a pure ATX board with an LGA-1151 socket.
- Has multiple GPU slots which support both crossfire and SLI.
- One of the perfect motherboards for overclocking.
- It is expensive but supports up to 64 GB ram and has a flashy design.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Review:
While going through a list best motherboards for gaming pcs and since most of the gamers do not go for the processors from the extreme series, make sure that you buy a motherboard supporting the LGA socket 1151 and this is exactly what this Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 does. This is an ATX board which comes with two PCI slots and comes with the support for both SLI and Crossfire so you can pair up the cards you love. The overclocking doesn’t have to be on extreme processors and it can be done on Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 gaming motherboards for gaming Intel.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 can be installed in any casing according to its size and besides the flashy design it has, it also fulfills the 3rd requirement of the DDR4 ram support which is as important as the other two. Also, you can install the ram up to a maximum limit of 64 GB which is more than enough for what we need these days.
2. MSI B250M Gaming Pro:
Your requirements could be fitting a single but powerful GPU, memory size not than 32 GB, and any latest gen processor, MSI B250M Gaming Pro supports all of this for you in a price you can always afford. The product has the following top features:
- MSI B250M Gaming Pro is a Micro ATX board with memory support up to 32 GB.
- This motherboard for gaming supports a ram of up to 32 GB and DDR4 memory speed.
- You can only fit one but any GPU in this board.
- It has only two ram slots so you will need to buy 2 x 16 GB to make it 32 GB.
MSI B250M Gaming Pro Review:
I understand that you might not like the 2nd pick when it only supports a ram size of 32 GB max and while the first pick took it to 64 GB. However, the truth is, even a memory of 16 GB these days is more than enough to run all next-gen games and the software that there are. Even when you are installing 32 GB ram, you are getting an edge about which most of the gamers wouldn’t even care.
Buying MSI B250M Gaming Pro, on the other hand, would bring you a nice solution in an economical budget of best motherboards for gaming under $100 where you will be able to install the processors up to 6th and 7th gen alongside the benefit of getting a faster PCI slot and good memory options. The two slots are given and in each, you can install 16 GB on the other side.
3. ASRock B250M Pro4:
You could save yourself some good bucks while buying this unbelievable offer. Well, you are about to get the best Micro ATX motherboard ASRock B250M Pro4 in a price even better than the above MSI product. The product has the following top features for you:
- This best Micro ATX also has an LGA-1151 socket to fit the current gen processors.
- ASRock B250M Pro4 has massive ram support which goes up to 64 GB.
- With multiple PCI slots, you can do an AMD crossfire or NVIDIA SLI.
- Also, it comes with extra PCI slots, 7.1 sound support, and Intel B250 chipset.
ASRock B250M Pro4 Review:
For those who have been in a constant touch with the market and the industry of gaming & mining, they must have gone through people praising a motherboard for its amazing performance in both fields. Well, it obviously is ASRock B250M Pro4 which is another beast now coming up with the support for processors up to 7th gen processors in which 64 GB DDR4 ram can be easily installed, has multiple PCI slots for installing AMD Crossfire and NVIDIA SLI and for a better sound output, a 7.1 surround sound audio port is installed.
When it comes to gaming, the value of these ASROCK boards cannot be undermined since these have Intel B250 chipset and are meant to deliver the ultimate performance you forever needed. ASRock B250M Pro4 also features the required LGA-1151 socket in which you can install a series of amazing gaming processors by Intel and some of the great ones by AMD. This is also a complete gaming package.
4. Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming:
Asus is one of those brands who has been the only close competitors to Intel during the recent years. Their top product is Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming with the following features:
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-I gaming motherboard is a Mini-ITX board with Intel Z370 chipset.
- This board has some extra features such as Wi-Fi antennas and built-in Bluetooth.
- You can install any DDR4 ram and increase it up to 128 GB.
- Even being such a massive motherboard, it does support any SLI or Crossfire.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Review:
If you would like the size of your PC to be an average one, a large gaming chassis and a full ATX board are now what you want. In that case, you better go for this Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming which for your requirement is the best mini-ITX board with much better features which sometimes even the ATX boards don’t deliver. For example, with a higher frequency range, it supports a memory size of 128 GB which we have seen that weren’t possible on the other boards. Also, it has M.2 connectors for the respective cooling solution.
The styling of PCB in Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming is done in an amazing manner and as far as the interfaces are concerned, they are shared much lesser than the other boards usually do. Also, it has a couple of USB 3.1 Gen2 controller which is one of the rare features. As far as overclocking is concerned, it isn’t great but you can still do some.
5. MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon:
For AMD fans, we definitely have something good in stock for you. For this year, the best gaming motherboard for AMD would be MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon. This latest motherboard for gaming has following top features:
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon is an ATX with only AMD chipset support.
- You can easily connect 2-way SLI on it and has a slot for water pump fan connector.
- This is one of the most stylish motherboards you can get.
- A DDR4 ram support of up to 64 GB with a frequency of up to 3200 MHZ.
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Review:
You could be searching some of the best motherboards for gaming with AMD processors and if that is the case, this MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon can be bought which does no discrimination when it comes to the processor support, this is one of the reasons why this brand is loved by all the gamers all over the world bring more options and maximum support for all processor companies. However, this one has the socket design and optimized only for the AMD processors.
With MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, whether it is the PCI slots you want to consider, the ram slots, or the speed of the ram, everything seems to be perfectly thought of alongside the stylish design which looks like providing a heaven for the gamers. The max memory frequency it delivers is 3200 MHz for 64 GB ram max and make a combination of 2-way SLI with the AMD processor.
6. Asus Prime A320M-K:
Being an AMD fan, you always expect a low-priced product but any board with premium features wouldn’t allow that. So, we have brought Asus Prime A320M-K for you which is both cheap and has some good standard features:
- One of the most economical and latest motherboards you can get.
- Asus Prime A320M-K is a Micro ITX with AM4 chipset support.
- You can only fit one but any powerful GPU on it.
- Supports a ram size of up to 32 GB but lacks the expansion attribute.
Asus Prime A320M-K Review:
For AMD, there are hardly any best motherboards for gaming under $100 except this Asus Prime A320M-K which is serving as something relieving for the AMD fans. Even if you have to run the latest processors by AMD which is the Ryzen series, you are going to get a pretty good option which has got over-voltage protection, ESD Guards, the easy memory removal, and when it comes to setting it up and customization, it is a pretty good option to have. Also, it has 5X Protection III feature ensuring the maximum stability and durability.
Asus Prime A320M-K is a micro ATX board and could be a very nice option if you are looking forward to building a medium-end gaming pc. With the BUS Clock of 3200 MHz and DDR4 ram support, it has earned some good to average reviews with maximum favor from the gamers with the average budgets for building a pc.
7. ASRock AB350M Pro4:
While you can dare to increase a little of your budget, you can earn the chance to buy the best Micro ATX board from AMD and it is ASRock AB350M Pro4. We shall move forward and enlist its top features for you:
- Unlike the previous good budget boards, this one has SLI and Crossfire support.
- This is Micro ITX motherboard for gaming with AMD AM4 chipset support.
- A ram support of up to 64 GB DDR4 technology.
- Also, its price is quite affordable for the most gamers.
ASRock AB350M Pro4 Review:
While the other boards claim to be the economic ones, they took away a lot of good features and this is something a good gamer cannot afford. However, this ASRock AB350M Pro4 is quite unlike them which has come forward to give a solution for dual PCI slots, has better ram speed options, and the main features like VCORE and SOC portions.
These are the features which mainly many other mainstream boards lack and hence, we have some good reason to rank it at this spot where we already have. If only it had a better socket and it could support some of the latest processors, I would’ve placed it quite higher. Being an economical option, it has standard overclocking options and if you need to overclock the integrated Vega CPU, you should do it now.
For making your gaming rig attractive, there are two RGB headers given and when you have made good use of them, it would look very amazing.
8. ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX:
In medium and low-budget options, AMD is very good and that is why most of the gaming motherboards in this range are from them. Just to add another option to your list with some advanced features and an added price, we have bought the best Mini-ITX that is ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX for the gamers. The product has following top specifications:
- Now enjoy the enhanced ram speed that may go up to 3500 MHZ with 32 GB max.
- One of its cons would be the lack of support for SLI or Crossfire.
- If you don’t have a budget for GPU yet, this has onboard graphics support.
- A dream Mini-ITX motherboard for all overclocking lovers.
ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX Review:
Choosing a good motherboard for gaming matters a lot because there are times when you end up buying some good hardware such as high-frequency rams but the motherboard you buy is unable to deal with it. For example, to enjoy the full potential of a ram with 3500 Hz frequency, you will have to go for options such as this ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX motherboard with the special of feature of handling the ram frequency up to 3500 Hz. Also, the integrated graphics are good enough to run previous gen games if you don’t have money for graphics card yet.
As far as the features of ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX are concerned, it comes with dual PCI slots for installing either Crossfire or SLI and provides a safe haven for the gamers are beginners in the field of overclocking. The feature of overclocking doesn’t come easy and if you are able to get that from a mini-ITX card, you are going to love it.
9. ASRock X299 Taichi:
After bringing so many standard budget motherboards, let us jump back to the boards which are more advanced, more powerful, and the ones with higher price demands. One of them is this Intel ASRock X299 Taichi with the following major specifications:
- With ASRock X299 Taichi, it is time to enjoy 128 GB ram with 4,400 MHZ speed.
- The board has 8 ram slots on which you can try different combinations.
- A motherboard for extreme series processors with an LGA-2066 socket.
- Now either do a 3-way SLI or Crossfire, everything works here.
ASRock X299 Taichi Review:
The onboard features such as the quality audio ports, the M.2 ports, however, it lacks the SLI and Crossfire option which puts some stop to the growing value of this quality mid-range motherboard for gaming called ASRock X299 Taichi. As far as the memory options are concerned, it has both the quad and dual channel memory options providing good support for the processors and also has quality Ethernet port you might not like.
10. ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4:
At the end, we have something that would be called even better than the best and it is none other than AMD RYZEN’s ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4. Though it is very expensive but in terms of options and features, there is not a better thing out there. Let us move ahead and discuss some of its features with you:
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4 has one of the most stylish board designs which becomes even sexier with the RGB lighting.
- This motherboard for gaming can easily support 128 GB DDR4 ram.
- Now increase your graphics power either with 4-way AMD Crossfire or NVIDIA’s SLI.
- Supports all AMD extreme end processors including RYZEN and others based on x399 socket.
ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4 Review:
For the 10th pick, we had quite a few reasons for choosing ASRock X399 Professional Gaming sTR4. You can spot a motherboard that is part of the ASRock Taichi family at a considerable distance and there is no doubt the X399 Taichi fits neatly into the product range. Naturally, it supports AMD Threadripper, just as the X399 model code suggests, while other models of Taichi use Intel X99, X299, Z270, and Z370 chipsets, as well as AMD X370, so there is a Taichi for each of the current CPU platforms.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Motherboards For Gaming 2020. If you are looking for more gaming related hardware then you can visit our other guides below.