Most of the laptop manufacturers use the same processors as in desktop computers which is unlike the graphics units where there are different chips for both laptops and desktops. While there are two behemoths competing in the world of processors, we have tried to balance things in this list of Top 10 Best Processors for Laptops 2020.
Top 10 Best Processors For Laptops 2020:
Here is our list of 10 Best Processors For Laptops 2020 depending on the number of cores, benchmark scores, price, and other features.
The top products are:
Best Processors For Laptops 2020 Products Table:
|AMD Ryzen 7 2700X||3.7 GHz & 4.3 GHz Boost||Check Details|
|AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X||4.0 GHz with Boost||Check Details|
|AMD Ryzen 5 2600X||3.6 and 4.3 GHz Boost||Check Details|
|Intel Core i5-7600K||3.8 GHz and 4.2 GHz Turbo||Check Details|
|AMD Ryzen 3 2200G||3.0 GHz||Check Details|
|Intel Core i7-7820X||3.60 GHz||Check Details|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800X||3.0 GHz||Check Details|
|Intel Core i9-7980XE||4.0 GHz||Check Details|
|Intel Pentium G4560||3.5 GHz||Check Details|
|AMD Ryzen 5 2400G||3.6 GHz||Check Details|
- 1 1. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Best Processors For Laptops
- 2 AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Review:
- 3 2. AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X: Best Processors For Laptops
- 4 AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Review:
- 5 3. AMD Ryzen 5 2600X: Best Processors For Laptops
- 6 AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Review:
- 7 4. Intel Core i5-7600K:
- 8 Intel Core i5-7600K Review:
- 9 5. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G:
- 10 AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Review:
- 11 6. Intel Core i7-7820X:
- 12 Intel Core i7-7820X Review:
- 13 7. AMD Ryzen 7 1800X:
- 14 AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Review:
- 15 8. Intel Core i9-7980XE:
- 16 Intel Core i9-7980XE Review:
- 17 9. Intel Pentium G4560:
- 18 Intel Pentium G4560 Review:
- 19 10. AMD Ryzen 5 2400G:
- 20 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Review:
1. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Best Processors For Laptops
Well, quite unlikely as compared to most of our list on the processor, it is AMD which has topped the list this time and why wouldn’t it when there is a beast like this AMD Ryzen 7 2700X knocking at the door. The top specs of this processor are:
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X has a base clock of 3.7 which can be boosted to 4.3 GHz.
- With 8 cores and 16 threads, this is an extremely powerful thing.
- Even with all these features, it has a much better price.
- The energy draw is a lot which makes one of its cons.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Review:
The Ryzen 7 2700X gives a strong performance which stands well in working overloads. With improved overclocking margins and better cache performance, you can count on this processor. The CPU cooler keeps it cool during working hours. Other than that, it also offers great memory performance and is priced well for all it offers.
2. AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X: Best Processors For Laptops
Whether you are a gamer, video editor, or a graphics designer, a processor which could really power your colors and graphics up in the animations is this AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X with double the number of cores and threads than the previous processor. Its top features are:
- A gaming processor which is rocking the benchmarks with a record-breaking performance.
- Here is a processor which is simply fantastic for multitasking.
- There are 16 cores with 32 threads and a boost click up to 4.0 GHz.
- This is much easier to install and use, however, it is power-hungry.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Review:
This processor was not made for low-resolution gaming. It works great for creators and hard-core gamers. If you have high-level PCIe requirements, then this is the processor you need as it has the best performance for heavily threaded applications. However, it is not strictly for gaming since gamers might find a few shortcomings.
3. AMD Ryzen 5 2600X: Best Processors For Laptops
If you aren’t someone with a huge budget and still wish for a good multitasking performance processor, we would recommend this AMD Ryzen 5 2600X in that case. Another of the extreme series with an economical price, this 2600X processor has done wonder for everyone. The top features are:
- Enjoy the multi-tasking with 6 cores and 12 threads of this processor.
- With a base clock of 3.6 GHz and 4.3 boost clock.
- It has rocked the benchmarking scores with its L3 cache.
- The gaming is perfect even when it runs on a single core.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Review:
If you are making a computer and you have to choose between Coffee Lake core i5 and this Ryzen processor, this one is an ultimate winner. With the incremental update, this processor wins among many others.
Along with games, the processor also works well for high productivity applications. The 65W TDP makes it a good choice if you are going to put it in a compact case.
4. Intel Core i5-7600K:
When you are buying a gaming laptop, you will realize that this is one of the most famous processors for gaming in the laptops. This is due to its economical price, overclocking features, and boost performance even when it has only 4 cores and the same number of threads. The other features are:
- An equivalent of i7-6700K when overclocked and reaches the boost clock.
- The L3 cache of 6 MB that is just perfect.
- Enjoy the gaming performance of 4 cores and 4 threads.
- Still convenient on stock-cooler even when overclocked.
Intel Core i5-7600K Review:
This Intel Core is a slight update from the previous release by the company. With 4 threads and 4 cores, the processor provides good performance. It has a processor base frequency of 3.80 GHz and a Max Turbo Frequency of 4.20 GHz.
The bus speed is 8GTs while there is 91W TDP. Some consumers might even say that this processor is not really an upgrade since it has minor improvements as compared to the previous one.
5. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G:
If all that you wish for is some quality gaming performance so that you can play games at an HD resolution of up to 1080p, this AMD Ryzen 3 2200G under a price tag of $100 is more than enough for you. The top specifications of this laptop processor are:
- An affordable gaming laptop processor which enables a smooth 1080p performance.
- What it does with just 4 cores and 4 threads is simply incredible.
- The L3 cache is only 4 MB and is very economical.
- AMD, however, failed to bring highly-optimized driver performance.
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Review:
The striking feature of this processor is its ability to be overclocked on motherboards that are on a much affordable side. If you are making a computer, the higher clocked memory and price point of this processor will be at your side. It can be considered a budget CPU for everyone out there who needs one that can do it all.
With an integrated GPU, there is not much that this CPU goes wrong with. As far as gaming is concerned, the processor gives great gaming performance at 720p.
6. Intel Core i7-7820X:
Do you want to become a force nobody would want to meddle with? Well, this is the power only an extreme end processor from Intel can bring. We have got one just like that and it is titled Intel Core i7-7820X with impregnable multi-core performance and TDP range. The top specs are:
- Intel Core i7-7820X features 8 cores and 16 threads for gaming and graphics.
- You can get the best value for your money with this processor.
- The overclocking range is amazing with L3 11 MB cache.
- It demands a higher price as compared to its equivalent rival.
Intel Core i7-7820X Review:
With 8 cores and 26 threads, this processor is definitely an upgrade from the i5. It has a processor base frequency of 3.60 GHz and a Max Turbo frequency of 4.30 GHz. With 11 MB cache and 140W TDP, this processor is for the high-powered user applications. There is 128 GB memory and embedded options are not available.
4 maximum memory channels can be supported but there is no ECC memory support. Also, maximum PCIe lanes are 28 while there is 3.0 PCI expression revision.
7. AMD Ryzen 7 1800X:
Never think that just because you don’t have a great budget, you cannot experience premium stuff like VR gaming, etc. Well, that has just been made possible by this AMD Ryzen 7 1800X processor which has just risen to the occasion to tackle the menace. The top specifications are:
- When you benchmark it, you will be stunned by the multi-core performance.
- This only has 8 cores and 16 threads which are enough for years.
- Overclocking has never been easier like on AMD Ryzen 7 1800X.
- Though it is quite rare, an AMD processor which is cool and calm.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Review:
Equipped with the Zen Core Architecture, the processor boasts of having higher efficiency and clock speeds while offering more cores. Also, it comes with MD SenseMI Technology which boosts performance with true machine intelligence. It has many key features like Ryzen Master Utility, Virtualization, AVX, AES and much more.
Gamers will love this machine as it offers smooth gaming and has minimum frame rates. The AM4 platform is quite attractive while the Ryzen software stays easy to use. In terms of price, this processor is much better than the Intel core i7.
8. Intel Core i9-7980XE:
For those who have got money flowing like water, why not go all-powerful with this Intel Core i9-7980XE which is currently the fastest processor on the planet. It wasn’t possible to rank this in the top position because there is hardly any gamer who would pay for this. The top hardware specs are:
- With the most number of cores i.e. 16 cores and 32 threads.
- On both single-core and multi-cores, nothing can beat this.
- For gaming, video rendering, and graphics, this can handle everything.
- The overclocking draws a lot of power but delivers an impregnable performance.
Intel Core i9-7980XE Review:
The Intel Core processor is here to scale your performance to the highest levels. Whether you are working on a high-powered film or video, the processor does not lag on performance. The processor uses its faster cores when working at high frequencies and when there is a need for mega-tasking, it goes up to using 18 cores.
You can get all your CPU-intensive tasks done at once with the processor. On top of that, you can multi-task and overclock without any difficulty.
9. Intel Pentium G4560:
To calm the tides and balance the stuff, let us facilitate the gamers who have got extremely low budgets for gaming. If you are looking forward to some low-end processor, don’t settle for anything lesser than an Intel Pentium G4560. This low-end gaming processor has the following specs:
- The hyper-threading performance in such a low price range.
- This processor can still support a DDR4 ram.
- There are 2 cores and 4 threads with 3.5 GHz performance.
- The L3 cache of 3 MB which is enough for this one.
Intel Pentium G4560 Review:
With 2 cores and 4 threads, this processor is a budget option for those people who are not looking for the fastest or the best performance. It has 8GTs bus speed and 54W TDP. Moreover, there is 64GB memory and maximum 2 memory channels while ECC memory support is also present.
10. AMD Ryzen 5 2400G:
For those who crave for something with high-end gaming performance in a medium-end budget, here is the combination of the Vega and Ryzen power in one AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. It seems like the AMD has finally heard the appeal of the gamers and brought something which is an affordable and high end. The top features are:
- This is a powerful gaming processor with 3 cores and 8 threads.
- It enables both qualities of single and multi-core performance.
- A base block of 3.6 which travels to the boost of 3.9 GHz.
- The integrated graphics which are enough for low-end until you install a GPU.
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Review:
This processor comes with 4 cores, 8 processing threads and RX Vega 11 Graphics for the best gaming performance. Multi-threading technology gives you fast performance while working or playing. Vega graphics will make makes much more interesting by delivering smooth and fast performance.
It is equipped with SenseMI technology, Master Utility, and VR ready processors. All of these features contribute to the working of the processor and increase the overclocking ability. The included CPU cooler keeps the machine working at suitable temperatures.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Processors For Laptops 2020. For gaming hardware reviews check out our relevant guides.
If you have any confusion, you can freely use our contact page and comments section.