This is always one of the hardest top 10 lists to do. There are fans who are too biased regarding their favorite brands so that being neutral becomes quite difficult. However, we have tried our best and here we are picking up the smartphones the upcoming year. Today on 10 Bolt, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Smartphones 2020. Let us begin with the list now.
How do we choose our Best Smartphones 2020?
The best smartphones are always chosen based on their performance and hardware specs. For a few years in the past, Samsung has been the leading brand with phones like Galaxy S8 and S8+. It was certainly because of the better and faster processing performance, camera, and other specs including the screen resolution etc. Now these are all the main factors we look forward to while ranking these best smartphones for the year.
There are tons of other features including the waterproof design, biometric security, screen resolution and whatnot which we have to consider. It doesn’t matter how good a processor chip is installed inside the phone, it must be performing according to how it promises and the benchmarks must be better. The result of the camera in terms of sharpness, clarity, and focus must also surpass others.
The battery life has always been a matter of discussion about the phones. Now the screen resolution could have a definite effect on that. For instance, iPhone X with a weaker battery than Samsung S8 was dominating in this department because of the lower screen resolution. These are all the factors which we must consider before ranking these products.
10 Best Smartphones 2020:
As you know that new smartphones are introduced in the market every single month. Therefore we have going to the Best Smartphones of 2020 [latest] that are introduced recently and are best in the market.
So, here is our list of 10 Best Smartphones 2020 along with comparison table, reviews, pros and cons and features.
|Huawei Mate 9||5.9 in||Check Details|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||5.8 in||Check Details|
|Moto G Plus (5th Generation)||-||Check Details|
|Apple iPhone X||5.8 in||Check Details|
|Nokia 6||-||Check Details|
|One Plus 5T||5.8 in||Check Details|
|Samsung Note 8||6.3 in||Check Details|
|Samsung Galaxy J3||5 in||Check Details|
|Google Pixel 5||5 in||Check Details|
|Apple iPhone 8||4.7 in||Check Details|
- 1 1. Huawei Mate 9 with Amazon Alexa and Leica Dual Camera:
- 2 Huawei Mate 9 Review:
- 3 2. Samsung Galaxy S9:
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S9 Review:
- 5 3. Moto G Plus (5th Generation) – Lunar Gray – 64 GB:
- 6 Moto G Plus (5th Generation) Review:
- 7 4. Apple iPhone X:
- 8 Apple iPhone X:
- 9 5. Nokia 6 – 32 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/T-Mobile) – Black:
- 10 Nokia 6 Review:
- 11 6. One Plus 5T:
- 12 One Plus 5T Review:
- 13 7. Samsung Note 8:
- 14 Samsung Note 8 Review:
- 15 8. Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone, 16 GB:
- 16 Samsung Galaxy J3 Review:
- 17 9. Google Pixel 5:
- 18 Google Pixel 5 Review:
- 19 10. Apple iPhone 8 4.7″, 64 GB, Fully Unlocked Gold:
- 20 Apple iPhone 8 Review:
1. Huawei Mate 9 with Amazon Alexa and Leica Dual Camera:
We could have chosen an Apple or Samsung for this list but the standards which Huawei has achieved in terms of battery life and price is really praiseworthy. Their latest phone is Mate 9 which is the number one pick for best smartphones 2020. This has the following top features.
- This has a battery life 4000 MAH which you can use for days.
- With its large 5.9 inches display, you get a screen resolution of 1080p.
- Comes with the latest 20 MP camera with monochrome technology and 12 MP front-camera.
- Comes with an extra slot of SD card and Micro-SIM.
Huawei Mate 9 Review:
A lot of brands we hardly know about bring features like 4,000mAh battery and others but we don’t pay attention to them because of poor processing performance and camera quality. However, Huawei Mate 9 being a top brand comes with 4000mAh battery while bringing the amazing 20 MP rear camera and 12-megapixel front cam. As you see, the camera is still much better than Samsung Galaxy S9 but it ranks on the second spot since the processing performance is not as great as the above product.
Huawei Mate 9 also has a bigger screen i.e. 5.9 inches, however, the screen resolution is only 1080p which should have been at least 1440p given that it has a better screen size and battery. This is a phone which released in 2018 but has all the specs which are a lot better than most of the phones being released in 2020. On the budget end, it is also a phone which favors your needs.
2. Samsung Galaxy S9:
Unless Samsung or Apple come with something more powerful than this, Samsung Galaxy S9 is going to rule the world for some time. Our second pick for top 10 gaming phones is Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 845 and a screen resolution of 1440p. It has the following top features:
- In Samsung Galaxy S9, the most power Snapdragon 845 processor is installed.
- Enjoy much bigger and better gaming time on its 1440p screen resolution.
- You can do gaming for longer with its 3000 MAH battery.
- Android 9.0 installed.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Review:
It is about time that we already had Samsung Galaxy S9 and here it is with Snapdragon 845, 64 GB storage, 4 GB ram, and of course, the latest Android 9.0. Even though just like every year, this latest machine by Samsung is expensive and it is going to take some time before it gets cheaper. On the other hand, the improvements feel like the ones we needed. I would personally wait for wait for iPhone XI first because the same Snapdragon 845 and the design like S8 hasn’t made it appealing.
But, there is a huge Samsung smartphones fan base out there and they have been looking out for it. The biometric system of security has some advancements. The screen has been upgraded to 5.8 inches but we aren’t impressed by the camera at all. It hardly feels any different from last year where the rear cam is only 12 MP and 8-megapixel front cam. You can feel optimistic about the low-light performance though.
3. Moto G Plus (5th Generation) – Lunar Gray – 64 GB:
You may not hear about Motorola in other parts of the world but in the United States, they are still a top factor especially with their phones such as Moto G Plus. The Moto G Plus from Motorola has following hardware specifications:
- This has two hardware package of 32 GB Storage/2 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage/4 GB Ram.
- You can increase the storage up to 128 GB with the external SD card slot.
- For security, a fingerprint sensor is installed.
- High-quality 12 megapixel HD camera with a fast charger to charge it quickly.
Moto G Plus (5th Generation) Review:
Motorola has recently been limited to USA only or their success has been limited to those parts and even though I wouldn’t still buy their phones, I have to say that this Moto g Plus has been a wonderful thing. With 2 GB ram, 64 GB storage, 12 MP camera, and fingerprint sensor for biometric security, it has been one of the finest smartphones last year and even this year as well. There has been a price decline so it is even more affordable.
The storage space of Moto G Plus can be extended to 128 GB and also the SD card speed is very good which is unlike Huawei Mate 9 where the speed was getting slower as you would increase the storage. The phone has two option where the first one is 32 GB storage with 2 GB Ram that is cheaper and the one with higher price has 64 GB storage with 4 GB ram.
4. Apple iPhone X:
People in the recent times have talked a lot against the lesser innovative models of iPhone. However, one thing is for sure and that is the optimization which Apple phones bring. Let us take you straight to some of the major features of this phone:
- The iPhone X uses one of the latest and most powerful processors i.e. A11 Bionic Chip.
- Depending on your budget, you can either get 64 or 256 GB storage.
- Now enjoy gaming on full HD retina display from Apple.
- The latest IOS installed and optimized.
Apple iPhone X:
Again, the competition has been between Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone X in 2018. There hasn’t been an announcement for iPhone XI but Mr. X still seems fresh to carry on the competition. There has been a reduction in the prices and for some iPhone lovers, there is a pretty good chance of getting it now and using it for a good time before iPhone XI gets released. Although the phones like XS and XS Max are also out, those are expensive and are hardly affordable.
When we got it for the first time, I was overwhelmed with the smooth performance of A11 Bionic Chip alongside the perfect optimizing with iOS 11. Depending on what you have got in your wallet, you can either get the 64 or 256 GB edition. The display is the same Retina HD display with 1080p screen resolution. Now, this is a thing where iPhone should improve soon because its competitor will soon be upgraded to 4k.
5. Nokia 6 – 32 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/T-Mobile) – Black:
So Nokia finally made a comeback into the smartphone world with their Nokia 5, 6, and Nokia 9 phones. However, the phone which is really up to the standards of best smartphones is Nokia 6. Let us move ahead and have a look at some of its top features:
- Nokia 6 has 1.4 octa-core processor installed of qual-comm series.
- The comeback was really effective with a 16 megapixel back and 8 MP front camera.
- A smartphone with 4G LTE internet technology installed and 3 GB of ram.
- For the first time, Nokia is using the Android operating system.
Nokia 6 Review:
It is quite rare that when you pay a price under $300 for a smartphone, it delivers LTE bands, 1920-x1080p quality display, metal jacket, long-lasting battery life, and loudspeakers just like Nokia 6 does. This time it was very important for Nokia to make a proper comeback and I would say that they were pretty much successful. Even though the sales weren’t as great as some of the leading smartphones brands right now, it was still enough to revive their position somehow in the market.
Nokia 6 comes with a vibrant screen which has solid colors. The camera sensors are good and as far as the quality is concerned, the features like HDR are there for the high-dynamic images and videos at 4k. This smartphone by Nokia comes with 16-megapixel camera on the rear end. The ram size is 3 GB and for faster internet surfing, the LTE bands are given on which you can have amazing 4G internet performance.
6. One Plus 5T:
In terms of the gaming hardware, this another of the true beasts which also comes at a price quite ideal for the gaming smartphones. One Plus 5T’s major features are listed below for you:
- To deliver some smooth gaming performance, this one has 6 GB Ram.
- This has a large and top quality LED with a screen size of 6 inches.
- What you get is large storage of 128 GB.
- Its 3,300 MAH battery could let you play games for longer.
One Plus 5T Review:
If you love gaming on your smartphone and never want the games to lag, you would better get One Plus 5T which comes with 6 GB ram. Now from brands like Samsung and iPhone, we are still expecting this memory size and only One Plus is bringing it for the fans. It has 3,300mAh battery on which you can play games for all day long and it would be amazing the LED screen size of 6 inches which is quite massive.
The other features of One Plus 5T include the elegant design, fast processor at least for this price range, fingerprint sensor is well-placed, and good software tweaks. One Plus 5T is a perfect choice for people who want a fast smartphone but don’t have higher budgets for both Samsung and iPhone. For a longer gaming time, enjoy its 3,300 MAH battery and play games for all day long.
7. Samsung Note 8:
Note 8 is the most expensive phone on the list but it also has the best features for you to enjoy. There is no doubt that this is going to be one of the best phones in 2020 so let’s have a look at its features:
- The phone comes with a 6.3-inch screen which is basically bezel-free.
- With a resolution of 2969×1440, you can expect the phone to have an amazing display.
- For the photographers out there, there is an 8 MP front and a 12 MP rear camera.
- The 6 GB RAM and Snapdragon processor ensure the fastest speed you will experience in any Android device. Running the latest Android Nougat 7.1.1.
Samsung Note 8 Review:
Whether you need to carry out the office jobs, play games, or do other things, Samsung Note 8 is also a complete package and at times, a better choice than S8 itself. For instance, its memory size is better and also the screen size which is 6.3 inches better than any phone on this list. The combination of 6 GB ram and Snapdragon is a massive thing to have.
Samsung Note 8 is still quite expensive, however, and it is still going to cost you more than $600. Save some more money and you should better go for S9 but when you have the need of a Note 8, we couldn’t stop you.
8. Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone, 16 GB:
Are you someone with the lowest of budgets for a smartphone but still want to enjoy the latest technology? Well, there is no doubt that you should try this Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone, 16 GB which has following top features for you:
- Samsung Galaxy J3 has a storage of 16 GB with the LTE data.
- This easily runs Android Marshmallow 6.0 has a faster quad-core 1.2 processor.
- A phone with a nice rear camera of 5 megapixel and 2 MP front camera.
- Nice airtime for its quality and long-lasting battery.
Samsung Galaxy J3 Review:
You would definitely want to get a medium-budget smartphone and when it comes to that, Samsung Galaxy J3 is one of the best smartphones under $200. Yes, this phone with 16 GB storage, 1.2 quad-core processor, and Android 6.0 is available in that price range and this is a phone more than enough if you have some simple and casual smartphone needs.
The selfie camera is quite good in the J series where the front cam is 2 MP and rear is 5 megapixel. You are also going to love this phone for its long-lasting battery and nice airtime so you can talk all day long. There is LTE mode for faster internet surfing.
9. Google Pixel 5:
Pixel 5 is out with Google Assistant and many other cool specs. Since Google is making progress quite faster with their smartphones, here is a device on which you can definitely rely. Let’s move forward and tell you some of the top Google Pixel 5 features:
- With a stunning resolution of 1920×1080, the phone has a screen size of 5 inch which is ideal for watching movies or just texting.
- There is a 12 MP rear and an 8Mp front camera.
- The camera of this phone is its best feature as it lets you take amazing pictures even in low light or at night.
- With Snapdragon chip, the performance is smooth.
- At $600, this phone is a good choice if flagship phones are your pick.
Google Pixel 5 Review:
It is never a wise choice to miss out on reading the review of Google Pixel 5 which has been one of the finest smartphones in 2018. If you want to enjoy the best of Google features like Google Assistant and other Android things, you will need to get this Google Phone. The benefits of having a Google Phone for Android are much more than other Android phones.
We love Google Pixel 5 for its fantastic camera, excellent build quality, and long battery life. The back camera is 12 MP and 8 MP front cam. The large 5-inch screen allows you to enjoy your movies and music videos in a better way.
10. Apple iPhone 8 4.7″, 64 GB, Fully Unlocked Gold:
Even though a year has passed after the release of Apple iPhone 8, this is still one of the standards and top quality smartphones for 2020. You are going to realize this even more while we lay out some of its top features for you:
- With Apple iPhone 8, you get storage options of 64 and 128 GB depending on your budget.
- This has a quality Retina display with 4.7 inches screen.
- Available in different color options, however, this Gold one is the best.
- 12MP camera with Optical image stabilization and Six‑element lens.
Apple iPhone 8 Review:
Apple iPhone 8 was a top competitor to Samsung Galaxy S7 and at some places, it has been pretty successful in beating. I personally love the camera and processor performance where you will never see the lag doesn’t matter how many apps you would open. Apple iPhone 8’s screen size is smaller i.e. 4.7 inches but the Retina HD display has the same quality you forever needed.
For Apple iPhone 8, a lot of color options are available and the camera has some amazing features like 12 MP camera with image stabilization and post-processing of images. The storage options are 64 and 128 GB which are more than enough.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Smartphones 2020. If you have any suggestion or question feel free to ask in the comments section below.