Being a musician, a studio owner or being a fan of music, you must know that the success in the field is through the quality equipment such as the speakers and the studio monitors. If you own a studio, you have got to know about the best brands in the business. To help you with that, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Studio Monitors 2019. We shall commence now.
How do we choose our Best Studio Monitors 2019?
When you are building your studio, there is a lot of equipment that you need to buy. One of the most important things is a studio monitor. You may already have an audio interface and a good microphone but a studio monitor is important too. It will complete your setup in the studio. You need something to record the voice and then to replicate it. You can get a studio monitor for your personal use or for a professional studio. The choice is yours.
Another thing that you need to consider is the budget. Most professional-grade monitors are more expensive and rightfully so. They are upgraded and have more features. On the other hand, if you have a low budget, you can go for a studio monitor that is made for home use. To get the right frequency and have better production quality, you need to choose your monitor properly. You do not necessarily have to buy a studio monitor for a studio. Other than that, you can also attach it to your TV or desktop for better sound quality.
Top 10 Best Studio Monitors 2019:
Here is our list of 10 Best Studio Monitors 2019 along with reviews, features and pros and cons.
Best Studio Monitors 2019 Products Table:
|Mackie CR Series CR3 - 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors||Check Details|
|PreSonus Eris E3.5 - 3.5"||Check Details|
|Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers||Check Details|
|Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way Studio Monitors||Check Details|
|TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor||Check Details|
|Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers||Check Details|
|Rockville APM5W 5.25" 2-Way 250 Watt||Check Details|
|M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers||Check Details|
|JBL LSR308 8" 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor||Check Details|
|Edifier R980T 4" Active Bookshelf Speakers||Check Details|
- 1 1. Mackie CR Series CR3 – 3″ Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors:
- 2 Mackie CR Series CR3 – 3″ Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors Review:
- 3 2. PreSonus Eris E3.5 – 3.5″ Professional Multimedia Reference Monitors with Acoustic Tuning:
- 4 PreSonus Eris E3.5 – 3.5″ Professional Multimedia Reference Monitors with Acoustic Tuning Review:
- 5 3. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers:
- 6 Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers Review:
- 7 4. Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way Studio Monitors:
- 8 Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way Studio Monitors Review:
- 9 5. TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor:
- 10 TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor Review:
- 11 6. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers:
- 12 Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers Review:
- 13 7. Rockville APM5W 5.25″ 2-Way 250 Watt Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers:
- 14 Rockville APM5W 5.25″ 2-Way 250 Watt Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers Review:
- 15 8. M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers:
- 16 M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers Review:
- 17 9. JBL LSR308 8″ 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor:
- 18 JBL LSR308 8″ 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor Review:
- 19 10. Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker:
- 20 Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker Review:
1. Mackie CR Series CR3 – 3″ Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors:
Mackie is one of those brands which have been in this business for a long time now and due to their perfect features, quality, and price range, they would be the ideal choice for our number one pick. Listed below are some of the top features of this device:
- A product is known for studio-quality sound and performance.
- All the components present are of the professional-grade for excellent sonic performance.
- On the front panel, the important controls are designed.
- You can connect them with any audio device.
Mackie CR Series CR3 – 3″ Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors Review:
The Mackie CR Series is quite a competitor of the Edifier R1280Ts. These speakers are actually bookshelf speakers and they do not even take up much space. They perform quite well and the design is also very sleek and studio-grade. The frequency range for this speaker is 80Hz to 20kHz which is ultra-wide. The front panel controls allow for easy control over the speakers. Overall, the performance is optimized as the speaker is made with professional-grade parts.
It comes with a wooden cabinet enclosure and has excellent sound along with design. Moreover, you will get high output with the studio drivers. The front panel has an input where you can plug your tablet or phone. The CR4BY features a Bluetooth connection too so if you are looking for that, go for this model. Even at home, you can connect the speakers to Bluetooth and listen to music.
2. PreSonus Eris E3.5 – 3.5″ Professional Multimedia Reference Monitors with Acoustic Tuning:
If we talk about the brands as the top competitors to Mackie CR Series, it would only be PreSonus with their products such as Eris E3.5. These are high-quality and professional studio monitors with the following rich features for its users:
- When you hear their sound, you realize the quality yourself.
- These studio monitors/speakers are good for movies, gaming, and of course, music.
- Doesn’t matter how hard you go on its bass, the sound will still be very clear.
- These speakers come with on and off controls on the front with an audio jack as well.
PreSonus Eris E3.5 – 3.5″ Professional Multimedia Reference Monitors with Acoustic Tuning Review:
The PreSonus studio monitor is a professional monitor that is best for people who want good quality at a reasonable price. The tuning in this thing is acoustic and it will give you the experience of clear and crisp sound in your studio or at home. Since there are many features of this monitor, it can be used for various purposes. Your purchase will come in a pair.
The speakers have a volume control knob, on and off button and an input for stereo aux. Also, there is a headphone jack. The crossover frequency of this studio monitor is 2.8kHz. Since the monitors are made with industrial grade materials, they do not sound or look cheap at all.
3. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers:
Most of these studio monitors lie almost in the same price range and that is why most of the decisions should be made while looking at the performance and quality. Following that standard, here are Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers with following top features:
- With its pair of AUX inputs, you can connect any device to play the sound.
- Made in the USA, you are awarded 2 years of warranty.
- The classic design where the body is made of quality wood.
- Can be controlled via a wireless remote controller.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers Review:
There are not a lot of monitors made like this one. It can work with your desktop and stereo at home. Since there are dual inputs in the speakers, you can attach multiple sources of sound to them. A little downside is that there is no facility for using wireless sources as the price range for this product is still low.
At a little price of just $99.99, this studio monitor has a very beautiful wooden design. The final finish looks quite sleek and rich. The sound quality is also rich and balanced while the EQ can be adjusted. It is one of those affordable studio monitors that are affordable while still being decently good in function. With the veneer wood paneling, the speakers have a 4-inch woofer.
There is an also a port for air driving so that sound quality is not affected. The power supplied to the right speaker powers the left one with a detachable cable. There are three buttons on the right speaker, the volume up and down buttons and the Mute button.
4. Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way Studio Monitors:
Here is an expensive but rather advanced and bigger sound system where the sound quality gets to professionals. The name of the product is Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way which is made enriched with following top features:
- A pair of large sized 3-way quality studio monitors for quality sound.
- The performance of these speakers is optimized digitally with a frequency range of 100-20 kHz.
- A coating which protects the speakers from adverse weather conditions.
- With the large brackets, you can install them on the walls as well.
Dual Electronics LU43PB 4 inch 3-Way Studio Monitors Review:
This studio monitor is a bit expensive as compared to some other models on this list but it delivers the user experience that will completely satisfy you. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Whether you use it inside or outside, the sound quality is not affected at all. It can be connected to your PC for better sound quality for music streaming or watching movies.
The monitors come with swivel brackets so they can be installed on your studio or home ceiling. To make the pair suitable for outdoor using, the speakers have a weather-resistant coating on them. This coat keeps the sound integrity high and maintains the durability of the speaker.
5. TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor:
Some quality sound and features are the things which we always expect from a brand like TASCAM and they don’t disappoint you a bit with their TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor. The product has following features which we have enlisted:
- This studio reference monitor from TASCAM gives you a 2-way monitoring feature.
- A voice coil which at a good temperature, delivers some quality sound.
- The frequency response of these TASCAM studio monitors is between 60-22 kHz.
- The studio speakers with the classic dual-amp design.
TASCAM VL-S5 Professional 2-Way Studio Monitor Review:
Along with audio interfaces, the company also has studio monitors. You can buy a single speaker or get a pair, depending on your needs. While the VL-S3 has a 3-inch woofer, the VL-S5 has a 5.25 inch Kevlar woofer. The company says you can either pair this speaker with their audio interface from the US series or use it at home. It is a compact model so it will not take up much space. At only 10inches high, the speaker is suitable for keeping in a small working environment.
There are separate amplifiers and the cross over frequency for the speaker is 3.2kHz. As compared to some other companies, this range is quite high. The circular port at the edge keeps distortion minimum as the company claims they found 3.2 to be the highest frequency without any distortion in the sound.
6. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers:
When you have a good amount in a pocket and you see features like the ones Edifier brings in its products, you simply don’t think about others. Another of the examples are these Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers with the following top features for its users:
- A Bluetooth connection is installed to pair with any phone or audio device and play it loud.
- No need to mess with the onboard button because of its quality remote control.
- The outer is made of the high-quality MDF wood.
- The Aux input is also installed and Bluetooth pairing for the Android and IOS devices.
Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers Review:
This Edifier model is quite versatile and it can be used for home or studio. Just plug in your personal computer, gaming console or your TV and get the outstanding sound quality that you want. The company delivers excellent sound quality that will keep you entertained. It has a Digital Signal Processing feature along with a Dynamic Range Control. This ensures that the sound quality is not distorted even at higher frequencies.
The aesthetic of these speakers is clean without any distortion, providing you the experience you need. The 10-degree angle ensures that sound is directly aimed at you and there is no interference in the sound path. It can be connected to your device via Bluetooth and it also comes with a remote control that you can carry around in your pocket for easily controlling the speakers.
7. Rockville APM5W 5.25″ 2-Way 250 Watt Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers:
If you stay in touch with the world of quality music devices, you must have heard of the Rockville which is one of the leading brands. They have produced quality studio monitors like Rockville APM5W whose features are enlisted below:
- At different AMP ranges, you can switch between the different sound modes.
- They have different color options where white is the most beautiful and in-demand.
- Now with the thick cables, achieve a sound quality you have never seen before.
- The outer is made of MDF wood and amazing frequency range.
Rockville APM5W 5.25″ 2-Way 250 Watt Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers Review:
This studio monitor comes in a pair and the speakers are bi-amped. There are separate amplifiers for highs and separate ones for lows. The peak for each speaker is 125 watts and the output power is 62.5 watts RMS. This means that the total peak is 250 watts and each one of the duos has 125 watts RMS. The company took its time to come up with the best studio monitors that they could.
To make sure that the speakers look clean and uncluttered, the controls are kept on the rear. This also gives the speakers a modern touch. On the rear, there are controls for treble, volume, and bass. There is also a USB port on the speakers. You do not even have to use an interface as the speaker can be connected to your computer too.
8. M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers:
If you want to set up your own small studio in your home and doesn’t want it to be any lesser than most of the professional systems, a product like M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers would do just great: Some of the top specifications are listed below:
- A perfect entry level speakers to set up at home with compact desktop monitors.
- Each amplifier is powered with 20-watt power and that is more than enough.
- Different inputs for music, gaming, and DJ gear input.
- Doesn’t matter which device you are using, you will get the compatibility.
M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers Review:
These speakers have 4-inch woofers that are coated with propylene and the silk come tweeters are 1 inch. These are desktop speakers that give a very clear and high sound while keeping the bass punchy and clear too. The components in this speaker are pro-grade and the final finish is made pet proof and childproof so you can easily use this studio monitor at home with your desktop.
The connectivity options for this speaker are quite flexible. You will experience effortless and user-friendly connectivity options on this model. The inputs are located on the rear end for convenience and to keep the speaker clean and hassle-free. You do not have to unplug your speakers from the computer to improve the listening options. There is a 1/8 inch stereo auxiliary input that allows you to switch audio sources between your MP3 player, desktop, laptop or other devices.
9. JBL LSR308 8″ 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor:
Being rich in features is one thing and being with few but quality features is another. One of the examples of the speakers with a lot of features is this JBL LSR308 8″ 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor and has following top features:
- Known for their top quality sound, these are next generation speakers.
- Doesn’t matter whether you want to fit it on your walls or keep in room, they fit everywhere.
- Good for using them for watching movies, playing games, and of course, partying with music.
- One of the most durable options from this list.
JBL LSR308 8″ 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor Review:
The company is known for its excellent sound speakers and this new model is also very superior in its performance and design. Most of the companies measure the speakers’ performance with an only single axis. This company makes speakers that sound right no matter which working space they are used in. This professional-grade studio monitor will give the best sound experience in a studio of any size.
In your final sound recording, you will experience the depth of bass and ambiance in the sound. You do not even have to be right in front of your speakers to get the best sound results. The frequency range for these studio monitors is 37Hz to 24kHZ. The max peak SPL for the speakers is 112decubels while the Max Peak Input is +23dBu. The port shape is double flared so that there is as little turbulence as possible. The amplifiers in this series give demanding sound results for high-quality productions.
10. Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker:
The perfect end would be if we count a product is both economical and delivers a rare kind of quality sound performance. Well, it would be Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker which has following top features for its users:
- For calibrated and powerful bass, these get a power of 24 watts.
- Like any other quality product from Edifier, they are designed with quality wood.
- Either use Aux or Wireless connection, you will get quality sound on both inputs.
- The speakers are shielded magnetically to deliver the perfect resonance.
Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker Review:
These speakers are a great purchase for you if you want an entertainment setup for your home. The design is black and wooden while the meshwork is also black. The woofers are round and at the back. You can get the speakers in a pair and since the price is right, there is no reason not to do so. The company has used reliable and durable products for making these speakers. You will be able to get professional and cinematic experience with these studio monitors which will remind you of a movie theatre.
Since these are for desktop use, they do not take up much space. Also, they are lightweight so you can adjust your setup whenever you want. When you are using the speakers at home, you will get superb sound quality for streaming music or videos. It has a 2 Aux input which increases compatibility and is also very convenient for users. When you buy the speakers, the cables come with it so that also saves you money.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Studio Monitors 2019. If you have still any confusion, do let us know in the comments section below.