If you are a medium budget gamer with standard gaming requirements, there is no need to spend more than fifty dollars on your wireless router either. In this price or under, you can get a much wider variety of routers which are good for gaming, video streaming, game streams, and other internet tasks. Today, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Wireless Routers under $50 2021.
Best Wireless Routers under $50 2021:
We already have written a general guide for wireless routers plus we also have many guides where we have written guides of routers that are best for specific purposes like we have wireless routers guides for gaming and for large home etc.
And here we are gonna list 10 Best Wireless Routers under $50 2021 along with reviews, features, pros and cons, comparison table and much more.
So, let’s start our list:
Best Wireless Routers under $50 2021 Products Table:
|Name||Wifi Speed||Wireless Range||Price|
|NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Router||1750 Mbps||1500 sq ft||Check Details|
|Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router||1300 Mbps||1,500 sq. ft||Check Details|
|TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router||450Mbps||Good||Check Details|
|NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router||1000 Mbps||1000 sq ft||Check Details|
|Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router||1000 Mbps||Better||Check Details|
|Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router||54 Mbps||802.11b/g||Check Details|
|TP-Link Archer AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router||High||Long||Check Details|
|TP-Link Archer AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router||1200 Mbps||Better||Check Details|
|D-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router||300 + 867||Better||Check Details|
|NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router||750Mbps||Long||Check Details|
- 1 1. NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Router:
- 2 NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Router Review:
- 3 2. Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router:
- 4 Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router Review:
- 5 3. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router: Best Wireless Routers under $50
- 6 TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router Review:
- 7 4. NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router:
- 8 NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router Review:
- 9 5. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router: Best Wireless Routers under $50
- 10 Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router Review:
- 11 6. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router:
- 12 Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router Review:
- 13 7. TP-Link Archer AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router:
- 14 TP-Link Archer AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review:
- 15 8. TP-Link Archer AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router:
- 16 TP-Link Archer AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review:
- 17 9. D-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – Smart Dual Band:
- 18 D-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – Smart Dual Band Review:
- 19 10. NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router:
- 20 NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router Review:
1. NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Router:
NETGEAR has been the dominating brand on some of our previous lists. We are pretty sure that it is going to achieve that again since, in this range, there are good routers like this NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 from them. The top features of the 1st pick are:
- On the first band, it delivers 450 Mbps and up to 1350 on the second band.
- Works with any operating system on pc and console OS as well.
- It has a good long-range for Wi-Fi and supplies your full home.
- The router is also very easy to set up for anyone.
NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Router Review:
This is, hands down, one of the best routers out there. If you are fed up with the slow Internet speed from your router or you have dead zones inside the house, this is the router you need. This router is best for big houses or offices as you will get the Internet everywhere on the premise.
The set up of this router is also very simple. Multiple devices can connect to the router at once and effortlessly download media files or games.
2. Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router:
When there are brands like Linksys in the race, the other small brands hardly stand any chance. In this smaller range, another perfect choice would be this Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router from the top manufacturer. It has the following features for you:
- Depending on your requirements, Linksys has other models in the same range as well.
- This one works with any Mac and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Perfect for gamers and normal internet users.
- This runs your online gaming, 4k videos, and other stuff easily.
Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router Review:
This router provides 1.9 Gbps speed on two channels. The NAS performance is very fast so you will not have trouble playing games online or streaming YouTube videos.
Also, the MU-MIMO plays a role in directing the signals towards your device. This feature increases the price of the router though.
3. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router: Best Wireless Routers under $50
Are you someone who plays normal online games, does casual internet surfing, and has no long-range demands? Well, then spend 20 dollars only and get this TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router which is an even cheaper choice. The top features would be:
- A max bandwidth of 450 Mbps which is quite cool for most people.
- Its wireless range is good and sends signals in all corners.
- Good for casual internet surfing, gaming, and office tasks.
- This cheaper product is also quite durable.
TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router Review:
This is a router for people who do not want to spend too much. It is ideal for people who just want to casually surf the Internet or play low-powered games online.
With 450 Mbps, this router is good for people with basic Internet needs. It will not be suitable for bigger houses or multiple devices.
4. NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router:
To prove the dominancy, Net Gear has struck once again. This is an old but classic and favorite product especially for the people since the last decade. One of the first dual-band routers, this classic is still something which you can choose for any internet need and it is going to bring results. The top features:
- This is a classic NETGEAR dual-band router right in your price range.
- Works with any browser you want and any operating system.
- Though not recommended but is still quite good for gaming.
- Both bands, delivers 300 and 700 Mbps respectively.
NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart Wireless Router Review:
At this price range, this router is bigger than some others. It has a glossy finish to it with LED to indicate activity on the router. It has a panel with wired ports, WPS, USB, Internet, and Wi-Fi features.
The 880MHz Media Tek processor in the router gives you good speed while there are two radio bands. The speed is up to 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and up to 867 Mbps at 5 Hz.
Another brand that really deserved this spot on this list is Medialink. For years, it has produced some quality wireless routers for gamers and non-gamers. This is a safe router with parental controls in case your children are developing the habit of staying awake late. We have discussed its top features below:
- Though it has just one band, it still delivers up to 1000 Mbps easily.
- You can also use this as a range extender for your internet.
- With the complete access where you can restrict and allow at any time.
- There are firewalls so that no one could breach your connection for the password.
This Medialink router has been designed in order to give you 1000Mpbs speed. At this speed, you will be able to play longer videos and enjoy advanced gaming. There are two antennas so you will get coverage even in bigger homes. These antennas are high-powered so the signals will come directly to your router.
This helps in improving the speed and makes the connection much better. Most routers have a bright light that is disturbing. The lights on this router can be turned off so that they do not disturb you.
6. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router:
Linksys is also known for its classic and one of them is this Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router. Though it wouldn’t be good for the pro-gaming level, it is still good if you have limited internet needs and a very small budget. Its top features are listed for you:
- This still has ideal optimization for Windows XP and Vista.
- Delivers a good speed of up to 100 Mbps with 4 LAN ports.
- You can turn the firewall on and off with its settings.
- There are a couple of antennas to extend the range.
Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router Review:
The best part about this router is the user interface. The client card setup is hardly found in this price range. Along with this feature, the router also has security options such as WEP, WPA and the pre-shared keys to keeping your network safe.
This router is good for gamers too as there are many ports on the router. With QoS bandwidth control, you will be able to enjoy amazing service.
7. TP-Link Archer AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router:
So the most expensive on the list is AC1900 from TP-Link. This advanced brand is designed right according to the needs of the pro gamers where they can enjoy some lag-free online gaming experience. Also, if you want to stream online or watch videos, this router can even handle 4k. The top features of the product are mentioned:
- This would deliver 600 Mbps on 1st and up to 1300 Mbps on 2nd
- A perfect router for the pro gamers for lag-free gaming.
- This is also good for watching movies in 4k or streaming in this size.
- A mega choice for mega users with maximum compatibility with pc and consoles.
TP-Link Archer AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review:
The AC performance of this router is excellent so you will not have any problem with it. The router has great value for money with amazing web interface. Setting up the router is very easy so you will be able to do it yourself.
One thing lacking in this router is the VPN server. The USB throughput on this router is quite mediocre but the bandwidth control is quite effective.
8. TP-Link Archer AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router:
It does not matter which brand it is, AC1200 is always a model that brings an economical and quality router. Let it be TP-Link, Linksys, or TENDA, all of them do really good in this band of routers. The top features are mentioned below:
- This wireless router can be customized and used using any OS.
- At your home, this wireless router is really easy to setup.
- Good for 4k gaming, streaming, watching movies, and usual internet usage.
- You are enjoying 2 years of warranty with this one.
TP-Link Archer AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review:
This Archer router has a reliable network with the powerful 802.11 ac technology for your Wi-Fi. You will be able to enjoy HD video streaming online and the games will not lag.
For everyday tasks, you can use 2.4 GHz and play heavy games on 5GHz. The setup is pretty simple with the Tether app. It is present on both iOS and Android devices.
9. D-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – Smart Dual Band:
Easy setup, wide-coverage, smart dual-band, and high power antennas, all of these are part of this quality wireless router under $100 from D-Link. We have elaborated the features of this router for you:
- There are four high-power antennas to extend the range.
- Now enjoy either 300 or 900 Mbps on either band.
- You can also connect 4 devices on 4 LAN ports.
- The dual-band with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz is present.
D-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – Smart Dual Band Review:
This router can handle a lot of traffic so you can use it at home. Along with getting dual-band Wi-Fi, you also get impressive throughput. There are multiple management settings that are great for a house with kids.
For example, there are parental controls. Also, you can use guest networking to make sure that there is a separate network for your guests.
10. NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router:
While we started with it, let us end with it as well. The last pick is also from NETGEAR and this time is N750 gigabit router which is very cheap, good speed range, and a safe router to be honest. The top features for this last pick are mentioned below:
- The speeds are 300 and 450 Mbps at both bands respectively.
- With the proper firewalls and IPv6, your connection will be secured.
- Though it is an old product, it still works with Windows 8.
- You can also connect your printer and USB with it.
NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router Review:
As compared to other routers in this price range, you get higher performance with this NETGEAR router at 2.4GHz. Along with its easy setup, the advanced features of this router make it a good choice for houses. This router does have USB support but it is only for storage devices.
The NAS capabilities of this router are not so great but the fast 5GHz band makes up for it. You will not find a faster throughout at this range in this price range.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Wireless Routers under $50 2018. Do share your experience and queries with us in the comments section below. And visit our site 10bolt for more lists like this.